Upgrading your JioFi Firmware is very important. The new Firmware’s all have error fixes and other things like bugs and script errors removed.
Updating your JioFi router to the latest Firmware is very easy and can be done without any problems by anyone.
You might get new features in the latest update and the stability and reliability of the JioFi router will also be increased.
If you are still using the old firmware, then you should update it right away to make sure you don’t run into problems while using the internet on your JioFi router.
Updating the JioFi to the latest firmware will increase the internet speed as well as fix common issues.
People have also been reporting that after upgrading the firmware of their JioFi router dongles, they have seen a reduction in operating temperature of the JioFi router.
This guide will show you how you can upgrade JioFi 1, JioFi 2, JioFi 3, JioFi 4, JioFi 5, JioFi 6 and other JioFi router.
So, what do need to keep ready before updating your JioFi router to the latest firmware?
- Make sure you write down your JioFi router model number.
- You will have to reset your JioFi router to its factory settings.
First Part: How to check the JioFi model number
You will need to know the model number of your JioFi router before you start anything. To know the model number, please remove the back cover and detach the battery as well.
You will see a sticker on which many types of information will be written, write down the model number in a piece of paper.
The following is a list of different model numbers of different JioFi routers:
- JioFi 6
- JMR 815
- JioFi 5
- JMR 814
- JioFi 4
- JMR 1140
- JioFi 3
- JMR 520
- JMR 540 & JMR 541
- JioFi 2
Second Part: How to factory reset your JioFi router
This explanation is given on this link. We have written a step by step guidepost on how to hard reset a JioFi router easily.
If you are tech savvy then you just have to know that by pressing the reset button for 30 seconds, you can reset the JioFi router to its factory settings.
If you would like to see the step by step guide then go the post, we have written by clicking the link.
Third Part: How to perform JioFi router latest firmware upgrade
- You will have to keep the JioFi router in ON position for 48 to 72 hours at a time after hard resetting it. Ensure that a minimum of 1 device is connected with the JioFi router. This is done to prevent the JioFi router from going in sleep mode.
- If any over the air updates are available, then the JioFi router will automatically update to the latest firmware on its own without any help. Your JioFi router can reset a few times during and after the completion of firmware update.
- After the updating to the latest firmware is done, your JioFi router will function normally. Now you can enjoy the new bug fixes and new features in your JioFi device.
- Check the version of the firmware from a web browser. If you do not know how to do that, then check out the next step.
Final part: How to check the firmware version on all JioFi devices
- If you are using a JioFi 2 router then you will have to go to http://192.168.1.1 and see the firmware version number.
- In case you are using JioFi 3 router, then you will have to go to http://192.168.225.1 and see the firmware version number.
- If you are using any other JioFi router then you will have to go to http://jiofi.local.html and see the firmware version number.
If in case the update is not completed or stops in between, then you have to start over from the second part.
Do this again and again until the upgrading to the latest firmware is complete.
Congrats, you have upgraded your JioFi router to the latest firmware!
If you have any doubts or question, then you can write a comment down and tell us about it.
We will help you out as soon as we can.